I love, love, LOVE smoothies! When I'm at home, smoothies are usually my go-to lunch option! They taste amazing, they are filling and I'm full of energy afterwards.
I'm excited to share my favourite super simple and yummy smoothie recipe. Keep in mind that this particular smoothie is filling and can replace a meal. I must add there is an art to making an amazing smoothie. But with the proper mindset and information...anyone can make a balanced and delicious smoothie.
I will be writing another post on the art of smoothie making so stay tuned for that. Here are a few tips in the meantime:
- Please, please, PLEASE don't put every fruit known to mankind into your blender, add some water and call that a smoothie. Easy on the fruit. Your smoothie should be BALANCED. Personally, I don't usually put much fruit into my smoothies and if I do, it's a handful of blueberries at most. My hubby Jas likes his a bit sweeter so I usually add 1/3 of a banana to his
- Add vegetables to your smoothie. This will increase the nutrients you are consuming and add to a balanced snack or meal
- Be creative. The recipe below is just one recipe of thousands and thousands of combinations. Don't be afraid to add foods like beets, avocado, oatmeal, seeds, nut butter....to name a few
Fabulously Green Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 scoop protein powder **I love Sun Warrior Raw Vegan Protein Powder in both Chocolate and Vanilla
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh kale
- 1/4 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 3 ice cubes if you aren't using frozen kale
**If you prefer your smoothie thicker, add less water and almond milk.
1. Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth.